Games played on Tuesdays and Fridays. This league is a highly competitive continuation of the Jr. Baseball league. Competition is a greater and a few more rules are introduced. Bases move out to 90 feet. Managers draft players based upon ratings and their individual team needs. Coaches focus on developing individual and team skills to field a competitive team and prepare them for the Intermediate Baseball League. Game scores and standings are recorded. If you have additional questions about Intermediate Boys Baseball, please contact the league chairman.
- Continued focus on good sportsmanship and team play!
- Batting skills development including bunting, and reading signals from Manager/Coach.
- Increased development of catchers (pass balls, making the throw from home to second, good throws back to pitcher on the mound and when pitcher is covering home plate) as importance of position increases at this level.
- Pitching emphasis on good mechanics and correct moves to hold runners without balking.
- Develop base running skills for situational play.
- Fielding emphasis on getting behind the ball and setting up the throw, getting ball to the correct position for the out or to keep the runners from advancing.
- Arm strengthening through practice (long toss).
For rainout information check out our Facebook page or your email for a message from Teamsnap. We will send notifications via Facebook and Teamsnap as soon as we know. Please DO NOT call the MAA hotline or email us asking about game cancellations. For EMERGENCIES NOT RELATED TO GAME CANCELLATIONS call the MAA hotline at 262-682-0886.